Friday, September 14, 2012

Can you spell 'Marshall'? ok!

A few months ago, i sat down with Marshall and tried to get him to write out his name.
I thought i'd start by making a dotted tracing line for 'M', so i did.
Marshall went on his own piece of paper and started to draw a dotted 'M'.
Then when i showed him how to trace the line, he yelled at me and didn't like that,
so i dropped it.
Then at Marshall's preschool meeting, one of the teachers said,
"I bet Marshall know's 'M' by now since he was drawing them already last year."
hmmm...
I hadn't been trying with him, so i just casually changed the subject.  lol.
Then when i came home, i asked Marshall what the first letter in his name was.
He seemed confused by my question, but invited me to
come and sit and the table with him cause he wanted to write his name!!
So, I wrote out his name (all uppercase) and he watched me.
Then he picked up his crayon, and did it himself... like he'd been doing it for a year already!!!  what the??
The next day i had him try his name again, but with appropriate lowercase letters.
He complied and did it almost perfect.
Seriously??!  This kid is so full of surprises...
it's just always in his own time :)


I failed to mention in my summer post that we made it to the beach as well
last weekend... just squeezed it in!!
White Rock is always an enjoyable day and i am glad that
we were able to go again this year. 
Marshall was a little 'wild' for the first while as we tried to
show him how cool it was to make rivers and let the water flow through.
My parents joined us as well.  By the end (of course) Marshall was having fun
and then it was over as the tide came in.  lol.
Fish and chips for lunch, and feeding the seagulls the leftovers.
A great day of shell hunting, river building, and walking in the cool water.
So relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment