Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Goodbye Melissa, Hello Karen

Through the FVCDC we were set up with Melissa from the beginning.
I have mentioned how much we like Melissa
several times in my blogging :)
Melissa is part of the Infant Development Program
which is from ages birth-3 years old.
Marshall turned 3 in May and now we have to say
goodbye to Melissa :(
It's been so great having someone who is working with our
family on a regular basis who we respect and
really value her opinion...who we've
grown to love.
She has always been an open ear to me.
I have laughed and i have cried with her.
She has seen me through hard times, and good times with my son.
Together we have seen Marshall come so far in the
past year and a half.
As Melissa said yesterday on one of her last visits here,
Marshall has come
"leaps and bounds",
and it's true, he really has!
It has been great to rejoice in this along with Melissa,
who has become a good friend to me,
a strong support in my life...
a 'rambler' like myself. lol.
A simple phone call can easily turn into
a half hour conversation :)
Yesterday Melissa came to our home with Karen,
who will be our new contact person
for the next few years.
I've met Karen once before at playgroup and she was
really easy to talk to and i have no
doubt that our relationship will
grow into a friendship.
It was great to meet her and for
Marshall to connect with her yesterday.
Melissa and Karen share a desk at work
so although we will be saying 'goodbye' to Melissa,
she will continue to hear about our family via Karen
i'm sure... and i have a feeling she will be asking often too.
I think it's safe to say
that Melissa has fallen in love with our family.
She seems sad about us 'moving on' and
almost gets choked up when she talks about it.
But we are not going anywhere, even though the situation
isn't quite the same anymore.
This blog will help
as we take you along the journey that you helped get started :)
**************************************
Melissa - I believe you let your guard down with us and
have opened your heart in a big way.
I thank you for that.
I have never felt like we were just 'another family'
that you work for.
Your friendship has been such a blessing to my family...
to me.
It speaks volumes watching the way Marshall sat
in your lap yesterday just to give you a hug.
That was really precious...
and something i don't see Marshall do with others often.
Thank you for coming alongside us on this journey.
It has been a lot of things,
but mostly, it has been about
Faith. Hope. Love... and ultimately Autism.
This is God's plan for us.
And the future looks so bright for Marshall.
You will not be forgotten.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment