Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Great Morning!!!

I just had to post about the great
morning Marshall had today at school!
We got out of the car at NS and
as usual, M was adament that i carry him into the school.
I brought him into the classroom
where we hung his new Toy Story backpack
on his designated hook.
Then M went to the train table and i went with
him. He will usually play, but he looks
worried about me leaving and will come
over to sit with me or hug me
for the first couple of minutes.
Today he seemed more at ease.
Then Warren came and i saw Marshall's face grow sad :(
I said, "Mommy's going byebye now ok?" "I love you"
and kisses, kisses, kisses.
Normally when i pull M off of me to hand to Warren,
his eyes are full of tears and he is wiping
them away.
Today when i pulled him away, no tears!!!
He still looked a bit sad,
but he didn't cry.
As i was walking out the door i heard him start
to run and i saw that he was running to a play
area and was not running towards me - awesome!!
When school was over i went to pick up
Marshall and although i heard him
whining and yelling a bit as
i waited outside the door,
Warren came out with M and said that today
was a great day and that each day
is better than the one before!!
How cool is that?!!
My son... is adjusting.
Fantastic!
Marshall was sitting on my lap while i talked with Warren
who told me that M went to the work room with
him today and he did a puzzle and played with
playdoh. Also, Warren said that M
peed in his diaper and went to his bag, grabbed a fresh diaper,
came over to him and said, "poopoo"... which M often
says for peepee :)
Warren was impressed and sure enough, M needed a change!
I'm so happy that Marshall is getting so comfortable
with Warren.
Then we were about
to leave and Marshall didn't want me to put him down
and i started to tell Warren how frustrating it is that
since we started school, M refuses to walk from the car
to the school and back afterwards.
I told him how yesterday i tried to get M to walk when
we were leaving and how he was freaking out
yelling at my legs and how i tripped a bit and then D tripped
over me and fell and scraped herself pretty good,
and how awesome it was to now have 2 crying
children for our walk back to the car. lol.
Anyways, so i'm done venting and
we are going to leave (it is just M and me)
and M won't let me put him down...
but i show him his backpack to carry as i put him down
anyways and he starts to carry it but then hands
it back to me and then runs over to the outside door!
I keep saying, "Good boy M! You walk!"
and he lets me push the door open and we get outside
and i'm just waiting for him to start whining "up"...
but he doesn't.
He just walks!
So started to run a bit thinking that he would want
up any minute, but he just smiled and ran
next to me and then when we got to
the little hill he slowed down and let me
take his hand and together...
we walked.
Yeah!!!
This is similar to the other day when M was listening to
me talk about his flipflops and then he went
to put them on to show off his skill.
He wanted to prove me wrong to Warren about having
to carry him every time.
Clever. lol.
So proud of my little man!
Hopefully this starts a new daily routine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment